If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (574) 533-2500

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Dehumidifier fire in Elkhart

A couple in Elkhart woke up to the sounds of smoke alarms because their dehumidifier caught on fire. The dehumidifier was fairly old and more than likely shorted out causing the fire. The entire house was damaged as a result of this fire. The fire started in the basement, but the smoke traveled all the way into the attic. Everything in the basement was totally replaced right down to the studs. The main level was cleaned and re-painted. The bedrooms with carpet and pad were also replaced with new carpet and pad. In the attic we ripped out the old insulation, cleaned the rafters and sealed them. We then installed new insulation. The egress window was installed during the reconstruction of the basement to make a fire escape.